The condition of the hair is a reflection of the processes that take place inside the human body. Hair is a kind of health indicator. And, if problems have begun, then it is necessary to look for the hair loss causes. To start treatment, it needs to correctly diagnose. Therefore, the patient must go to the clinic and take an examination and tests prescribed by the doctor. The success of treatment depends on many factors, the most important of which is the timely start.
Hair loss causes
Doctors believe that, whatever the cause, hair loss is always due to a disruption in the hair growth cycle. Normally, the ratio of the phases of the cycle is dominated by the phase of hair growth. However, under certain conditions and the action of unfavorable factors, this ratio changes, and the resting phase becomes dominant. There are many reasons for hair loss, here are the main ones.
- Stress. Due to stress in the human body, the hormone cortisol is produced, which affects the hair follicles and moves the hair to the telogen phase, that is, contributes to the premature stop of hair growth and hair loss;
- Imbalance in hormonal levels. An excess of male sex hormones in the blood in both men and women inhibits hair growth and can lead to hair thinning and loss.
- Deficiency of vitamins and minerals in the diets. This leads to thinning, dullness and fragility of the hair, which makes hair loss much easier.
- Inflammatory diseases of the scalp. Seborrhea, fungal infections (ringworm), psoriasis, eczema, and others can lead to significant hair loss.
- Past illnesses, as well as taking certain medications.
- Heredity. This is an important factor, but is rarely the only cause of hair loss. Most often, it is an aggravating factor in the presence of others.